We’re teaming up with Arts & Entertainment District for A&Eats: The Search for Miami’s Next Great Restaurant Concept. We’re giving away a year of rent-free restaurant space to one new restaurant idea.
Meet the Winner
Congratulations to the entire team behind The Avenue, as well as our runner-up Art & Craft! We’ll have more on both restaurants and their development in the coming months. Thank you to everyone who participated. We look forward to seeing and eating with you around Miami.
Team: Andy Bates, Francesca Mingo, Vivian Belzaguy
Concept: We are a unique British diner offering refined British pub food classics alongside the best American craft beers to give the sense of a perfect pairing of international and domestic flavors. We hope that our brews, both of the beer and tea variety, will give the residents, workers and revellers of our neighborhood a sense of comfort as they journey across the pond with us via their food plates. We want to be known for our attention to quality ingredients, brew variety, friendly service and casual, welcoming environment.
- Scotch Egg – Perfectly soft boiled egg wrapped in pork and pale ale sausage meat, breaded and fried
- Fish & Chips – Sustainable fish in beer batter with triple cooked beef dripping chips, peas and tartare sauce
- Bannoffie Pie – Crushed Cracker base, dulce de leche, sliced bananas topped with whipped cream & chocolate shavings
Art & Craft
Team: Laurence McMillon, Evan Hawkins, Damien Gordon, Justin Neiser
Concept: Art & Craft, equal parts café, craft cocktail & wine bar, and visual art gallery; is a neighborhood focused restaurant offering creative takes on global comfort food along with craft cocktails, craft beers, and a diverse wine list. Curated by foodies and craft cocktail lovers specifically for Downtown Miami’s Arts & Entertainment District, our mission is to arouse the senses of Miamians, both local and transplant, with astounding visuals, sounds, scents, and tastes.
- Chipotle BBQ Pork Sliders with Peach Cornbread Muffins, Jalapeno Blue Poppers, Peach Salsa
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Balsamic Glaze, Cheddar Polenta, Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Churrasco Steak with Grilled Sirloin, Chimichurri Sauce, Yellow Rice, Sweet Plantains