Voter guide: November 2018 Midterm Elections
- We're publishing new sections of our November 2018 Midterm Election Guide each day through October 24 to get you ready to cast your ballot. Here's what we've published so far:
- U.S. Congress: Senate, House District 25, House District 26, House District 27
- Florida: State amendments, Governor, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture, Chief Financial Officer, Justices and Judges
- Local referenda: Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, City of Miami Beach
- Plus, if you’ve got questions on HOW to vote, check out our Q&A here.
Former Miami-Dade school board member.
Carlos Curbelo is running to keep his seat in U.S. Congress District 26, a position he’s held since 2015. He faces competition from Democrat Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, a former associate dean at Florida International University’s college of medicine and avid non-profit fundraiser.
He’s looking to hold on to a congressional district that went heavily for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election. He’s taken steps to present himself as a more moderate Republican, often butting heads with President Donald Trump’s administration on social media and in public statements on issues like climate change and immigration.
Based on the questions you had for the candidates, and factoring in some relevant topics, we sent questionnaires to the candidates and asked them questions about the following issues: the environment, criminal justice reform, gun control, the economy, healthcare, Puerto Rico, and immigration.