community

Meet Loud And Live’s Nelson Albareda

📷 Photo courtesy of Janice Greenspan Hi Nelson! Who are you? What do you do? I’m the CEO of Loud And Live, an entrepreneur at heart, a family man, and an avid boater. What neighborhood(s) are you reppin’? Coral Gables now, Miami Beach back then, and always Latino neighborhoods. What brings you most alive about […]

/ October 30, 2023

Meet Kirsten Hines, Florida wildlife chronicler

📸 Photo by James A. Kushlan Hiya Kristen! Who are you? What do you do? I’m a writer, wildlife photographer, and conservationist with a master’s degree in biology and a background as an environmental educator. I’m super passionate about the environment and aim to inspire others toward a little more greenness in everything I do, […]

/ October 23, 2023

Meet Yady Rivero, Frost Art Museum curator

📸 Photo by Jeancarlos Fernandez Hi Yady! Who are you? What do you do? Hello! I am a museum curator at the Frost Art Museum, a.k.a. FIU’s art museum. As a curator, I wear many hats: organizing museum exhibitions, providing supplemental research and writing, giving tours to student groups, and developing a good chunk of […]

/ October 16, 2023

Meet beekeeper Stephanie Smith

📸 Photo courtesy of Stephanie Smith Hi Stephanie! Who are you? What do you do? I am a local beekeeper and the co-founder of Miami Bee Experts. We are a local beekeeping school and ethical bee removal service without the use of pesticides. We specialize in teaching beekeeping to residential clients. What neighborhood(s) are you […]

/ October 10, 2023

Meet Andrea Mirabal, founder of The Hive

📸 Photo courtesy of Andrea Mirabal Hi Andrea! Who are you? What do you do? I’m the founder and director of The Hive – Creative Co-working for Teens. We’re a local nonprofit whose mission is to provide young people with teen-focused space, access to creative tech and tools, as well as resources like our workshops […]

/ October 2, 2023

Meet equity advocate Rose Martin

📸 Photo courtesy of Rose Martin Hey, Rose! Who are you? What do you do? I’m Rose Martin, Miami’s biggest fan! 😂 But seriously, if you ask anyone who knows me they will say that I am deeply devoted to this city and that passion is what drives me towards unrelenting civic engagement aimed at addressing […]

/ September 25, 2023

Meet photographer Carlos Muñoz, a.k.a. Cali

📸 Photo courtesy of Carlos Muñoz Hi Carlos. Who are you? What do you do? I am 37 years old and I am a photographer. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela to Colombian parents and have been living in South Florida since 2015. I have always had a deep curiosity about art and its various […]

/ September 16, 2023

Meet Caridad Moro-Gronlier, a community-driven poet and educator

📸 Photo courtesy of O, Miami Hi Caridad! What keeps you busy here in town? I am a Dual Enrollment English professor for MDCPS/FIU, an adjunct professor at Miami Dade College, a community-driven poet, writer, literary curator, and Associate Editor for SWWIM Every Day, an online poetry journal. What neighborhood(s) are you reppin’? Reppin’ Westchester since […]

/ September 12, 2023

Meet Steve Wright, storyteller and advocate

📸 Photo courtesy of Steve Wright Howdy, Steve! Who are you? What do you do? I am a writer, visual artist, keynote speaker, planner, educator, and advocate. I work for myself, creating content about Universal Design and a better built environment for people with disabilities. My clients include the National Association of REALTORS, the United […]

/ August 31, 2023

Meet Alejandro Russo, founder of Candela Mamajuana

📸 Photo courtesy of Alejandro Russo Hi Alejandro! Who are you? What do you do? I am the founder and CEO of Candela Mamajuana. I’ve lived around the world, but now am proud to say I’m a Miami local, sharing each experience of this culture-rich city with my beautiful wife and our child. I graduated […]

/ August 28, 2023