Threefold Cafe in Coral Gables brews a coffee pour-over that tastes like blueberries.
And now, with the soon-to-be-released “A Taste of Coral Gables” cookbook, you can make your restaurant favorites at home. All you need for this recipe is a Chemex coffee brewer (and some locally roasted coffee):
- Grind 1 ounce of freshly roasted coffee.
- Put the paper filter in the Chemex and gently pour hot water over the filter to wet and wash it, then discard the water.
- Put the ground coffee into the damp filter.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the coffee grounds, starting in the center then working outward.
- Pour 2 ounces over approximately 10 seconds.
- Stop pouring and let the coffee “bloom.”
- At 45 seconds continue slowly pouring boiling water in a circular motion over the wet coffee.
- Continue for another 1:45.
- Allow the water to continue running through the coffee until the stream stops and turns to a drip.
Help celebrate the launch of the cookbook on Tuesday at an exciting foodie-focused event. A tasting cocktail reception at Books & Books will feature a curated menu inspired by recipes in the book.