Voter guide: November 2018 Midterm Elections
- We're publishing new sections of our November 2018 Midterm Election Guide each day through October 24 to get you ready to cast your ballot. Here's what we've published so far:
- U.S. Congress: Senate, House District 25, House District 26, House District 27
- Florida: State amendments, Governor, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture, Chief Financial Officer, Justices and Judges
- Local referenda: Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, City of Miami Beach
- Plus, if you’ve got questions on HOW to vote, check out our Q&A here.
Miami residents will have three referenda to vote on. They include voting on the lease for a big development project near the Miami River, and two other game changers: deciding if the City of Miami will adopt a strong mayor system and if the Melreese Golf Course could be the future home of Miami’s MLS team.
The first referendum on the City of Miami ballot is a vote on the potential home of Miami's future MLS team.
The second referendum on the City of Miami ballot is a vote on a major development proposed for the Miami River area.
The third referendum on the City of Miami ballot is a vote on whether to make the mayor a "strong mayor."