- This event has passed.
Big Talk: Haiti, 100 Years Later
On July 28, 1915, 340 American Marines landed in Port-au-Prince, and began the U.S. occupation of Haiti. What followed changed the course of history for both countries. What’s happening in Haiti, 100 years later?
We’re teaming up with The Millennials Project to present Big Talk, a series on democracy and women’s rights in the Caribbean. We’ll have:
- An interactive discussion with a panel of journalists, artists, and entrepreneurs
- A short film on the history of U.S.-Haiti relations
- Haitian food and drinks
- Live music from Empress Addi and Rara Rock
Starts with happy hour at 5:00pm (half off all drinks); program begins at 7:00pm.
- Kim Yves, Journalist and Filmmaker
- Edwin Muhammad, social entrepreneur and activist
- Suze Guillaume, author and educator