- This event has passed.
RESCHEDULED – Field Day – 3rd Annual Day Of Thrones
We are tapping into nostalgia (and some of the best days of school) by hosting our own Field Day, minus the bullies and awkward adolescence. Co-presented by O, Miami; Commissioner Ken Russell; and The New Tropic, Day of Thrones is an epic, team-competition battle of “field day”-style games mixed with nerdy brain games and poetry.
Four “houses” will compete against one another at Margaret Pace Park in Edgewater. All will have fun, but there can be only one house sitting on the throne at the end. The Third Annual Day of Thrones is back, and this time winter is coming!
- Do I have to know or love anything about Game of Thrones to enjoy this? No. But why haven’t you watched it? It’s a cultural phenomenon.
- Do I have to have a team? No again. You can come with a group of friends or solo and we would be happy to find a team for you. You will all be O, BFFs by the end of this.
- Do I have to be athletic? No yet again. We mixed in some cool-nerd-poetry games plus a few throwbacks to classic field day. No dodgeball, we promise.
- What if I have a squad I already recruited to be on my team? Awesome and kudos on your squad goals. Arrive early so that we can ensure to get y’all on the same team.
- You say this is the 3rd annual Day of Thrones. What if I didn’t attend the other two? Then you MUST come to this one. It is a ton of fun, a bit goofy, and a unique event that supports the amazing O’Miami. Don’t suffer from FOMO again.
What to expect (Think summer camp color war without the smelly kid in your bunk):
- Tug O, War
- Bobbing for tropical fruit
- Potato-Poetry Sack Relay Race
- Brain Games
- Fight me with Words, an interactive poetic pillow fight!
- Music from fab local DJ HottPants
- La Latina
- Harmless Harvest
- Tons of fun and LOTS more!
Participant Age Minimum: 5 years old
When: Sunday, April 22nd, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Margaret Pace Park
1745 N Bayshore Dr
Miami, FL 33132
Cost: $5 reserves your spot and includes a team T-Shirt!
Parking is limited at Margaret Pace Park, please consider ridesharing and public transportation!
Refreshments will be available but in limited quantity. We strongly recommend you bring your own cooler and snacks.