- This event has passed.
New World Symphony: MIXTAPE with The New Tropic
We’re heading to the Symphony! Come join us for a great night of local learning with The New World Symphony’s fellows for MIXTAPE. You won’t want to miss this!
Sit back and relax as the Fellows of the New World Symphony present a live orchestral mixtape spanning centuries and genres galore. Featuring music of the classical era, as well as jazz, hip-hop, and rock-n-roll, this program is the true all-time greatest hits playlist. Join us for an evening of J.S. Bach, The Beach Boys and everything in between. This concert is part of a new series of events where selected Fellows design one-of-a-kind events, showcasing their wildly creative imaginations and immense talent.
Friday, January 15 at 7:30 PM
- Nicholas Platoff, trombone fellow and host
- Christian Reif, conductor
- Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, conductor
- John Wilson, harpsichord
- Ciro Foderé, piano
- Jacqueline Bolier, soprano
- Ravel : Mvt. I from Le tombeau de Couperin
- J.S. Bach : Mvt. I from Harpsichord Concerto No. 1
- Dilla/Atwood-Ferguson : Selections from Suite for Ma Dukes
- Schuller : Little Blue Devil from Seven Studies on Themes of Paul Klee
- Gershwin : Rhapsody in Blue (excerpt)
- R. Strauss : “Spring” from Four Last Songs
- The Beach Boys/Arr. Hyken : “Let’s Go Away for Awhile”
- R. Strauss : “September” from Four Last Songs
- The Beach Boys/Arr. Hyken : “God Only Knows”
- Ravel : Dance of the Frogs from L’enfant et les sortilèges
- Stravinsky : Circus Polka
- Adams : Short Ride in a Fast Machine