ABOUT THE SERIES
Join us as The Sacred Space Miami and The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine come together to educate our community on integrative medicine and holistic living practices. The Sacred Seven Wellness Series is a learning and living series providing practical health and wellness Information to improve daily living Via Integrative approaches to healthy living and wellness. We will experience wellness lectures and workshops delving into topics such as medical marijuana, meditation, visualization and gut health, appropriate for medical professionals and the general public.
Schedule of workshops every second Thursday of the month for the sacred seven wellness series:
– June 8th, 2017: Ancient Medicine for New Times: Trends Toward Medical Cannabis & Botanical Medicine with Debra Kimless, MD
– July 13th, 2017: Speaking Your Wellness: Affirmative Health, Visualize, Verbalize, Actualize with Rebecca Hunton, MD, MBA
– August 10th, 2017: Mindfulness: The Science and Practice of Easy Living with Gus Castellanos, MD, MSP
– September 14th, 2017: Meditation: A Primordial Wisdom Practice For Modern Times with Dan Nevel, AP & Team
– October 12th, 2017: Gut Health: Your Second Brain with David Blyweiss, MD
– November 9th, 2017: How to Conquer Emotional Eating: 3 Steps to Food Freedom with Deanna Minich, PhD
– December 14th, 2017: Optimal Sleep: Optimal Health with Craig Tanio, MD, MBA
In this workshop, we will have a discussion regarding the history of medical cannabis including it’s use and how we came to understand how and why it functions. We will learn about the molecules that create the medicinal effect of Cannabis and the components that create its unique scent. Participants will have an olfactory experience to learn how different strains or varieties impart different outcomes.