- This event has passed.
Step back in time for a vintage-inspired cultural immersion at Swyngwood in Miami’s cultural arts epicenter, Wynwood on May 20, 2016. Swyngwood’s mission is to inspire social change by bringing people together for deeper human connections through vintage swing dance and its culture.
In the 1940s, segregation was commonplace, but several Historians credit swing dance and music for leading the way to integration, bridging the gaps between communities. South Florida Lindy Collective (SFLC) aims to bridge gaps that continue to exist today. Swing dance instruction will encourage attendees to meet their neighbors, rotate partners, and make new friends to build a stronger sense of community.
Also on Swyngwood’s jam-packed agenda:
– The Pitbull of Blues Band / thepitbullofblues.com performing blues and rockabilly to keep the party hopping.
– Burlesque performances by Miss Jenna Beth showcasing the class and sass of yesteryear.
– Rat rodders can enter Swyngwood’s Inaugural Rat Car Show to win a custom trophy*
– Swyngwood’s Pomp Station will help attendees rock retro rockabilly hairstyles*
– Vintage fashion and treasures available from the LA Boudoir‘s pop-up shop.*
– Mini pin-up photography sessions with Erika Nelly Photography, Pin-Up Photographer featured in Delicious Dolls Magazine, Teased Pin Up Magazine, and Vintage Affair Magazine.*
– Bring a t-shirt for a $5 Swyngwood screenprint from The FINE PRINT Shoppe or purchase a t-shirt for $15.*
*additional cost for participation