Applications for this position close Sunday, December 20, 2015.
This is a big one: We’re seeking an executive director to lead The New Tropic’s team, Miami growth, and day-to-day operations. We’re looking for an innovative, emerging leader with experience building strong team cultures, a passion for people and relationship-building, and a commitment to Miami. An affinity for manatee jokes doesn’t hurt, either.
You’ll need big ideas on how to help us grow. You should be comfortable managing people, resources, and partnerships. You’ll need to thrive working iteratively in a fast-paced environment, where every day brings new experiments. Experience with journalism, digital media, or events is a plus. What’s most important to us is finding a colleague who’s excited to lead a team serving Miami’s curious locals and ready to help us grow.
The executive director will:
- Lead The New Tropic team including our managing editor, staff writer, community manager, events director, and part-time fellows
- Lead development of new projects and programs for The New Tropic
- Manage the day-to-day operations of The New Tropic’s newsletter, editorial content, events, and community-building efforts
- Work with company management to develop new local business and to manage existing clients and partners
- Represent The New Tropic in Miami, building new relationships and partnerships in our community
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
- Experience leading and managing a diverse, high-functioning team
- Experience with leadership in fast-paced, iterative environments
- Experience with digital media.
- Experience managing budgets and operations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Journalism experience is a plus
- Events experience is a plus
- Business development experience is a plus
(A note: we’re more interested in great people than in lists of qualifications. If you’re interested but don’t have everything on this list, please apply. We want to meet you!)
Candidates must be able to work full-time in Miami, FL. Competitive compensation and benefits will be offered commensurate with experience.