We’re seeking a community manager to help lead and implement community strategy, social media, and events for The New Tropic. We’re looking for an innovative colleague with social media, writing, and event experience, who’s interested in building and serving Miami through creative social storytelling and unique event experiences.
The community manager will:
- Lead our engagement with The New Tropic’s users and community members
- Help design social media strategy for The New Tropic
- Manage The New Tropic’s social media accounts and community
- Help create social campaigns and special projects
- Produce original stories sourced from our social community
- Help design events and experiences for The New Tropic
- Manage event marketing for The New Tropic
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience with social media management, analytics, and strategy
- Experience with events, event marketing, or in-person experience design
- Experience in a daily media production or journalism environment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A self-starter approach to creative projects
- Spanish is a plus
Note: We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you.
Candidates must be able to work full time in Miami, FL.
Competitive compensation and benefits will be offered commensurate with experience.