We’re seeking editorial interns for a unique summer experience learning journalism, content creation, engagement and social media strategy in an innovative startup environment.
Interns will learn from and work directly with our executive editor and community manager to create story ideas, contribute to editorial strategy, and produce original, high-quality journalism. We’ll provide valuable hands-on insights about how to work in digital journalism, and ongoing one-on-one coaching to help you improve your work for your future career.
Internship topics will include:
- Researching and identifying community and local stories for coverage
- Using multimedia and written reporting to tell local journalism stories
- Curating and writing daily and weekly newsletters
- Collaborating with our community team to design events and in-person experiences connected to journalism work
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
- Pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Strong research and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous experience with journalism, reporting, or media production (school projects included)
- Excellent communication skills for a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and digital photography and/or video a plus
Internships are unpaid and are available part-time or full-time. We will work with you and your school to provide documentation for course credit at your request.
We’re super pumped that you want to work with us! Unfortunately, we’re unable to handle phone calls or emails about our open positions. The form below is the best way of getting your application to us. Good luck!