Applications close September 5
We’re seeking a full-time social storytelling editor to join WhereBy.Us, a digital news startup that creates media and technology products to help people connect and engage in their cities.
You’ll be leading our social media strategy and producing creative multimedia storytelling for our local brands The Evergrey and The New Tropic that capitalizes on trending social media topics and conversation. We believe social media is a powerful tool for better understanding our communities, ensuring our work gets to the right people, facilitating conversations and building stronger relationships with our community. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you.
WhereBy.Us is a growing media and technology startup with local brands in Miami, Seattle, and more cities to come soon. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here — and build a model for doing so that can serve every growing city in the world. We’re a team of people who care about cities and the people who live in them. We want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome. We want to love and grow the best parts of our cities, and understand how to tackle the challenges.
The WhereBy.Us social storytelling editor will:
- Lead our local brands’ social media engagement and distribution strategies
- Identify trending stories and important conversations on social media and use that information produce relevant social storytelling for local brands
- Advise on and experiment with best practices related to paid social promotion and/or social media marketing
- Contribute to our local brands’ social media channels and maintain an active presence on personal social media accounts
- Help edit and produce daily email newsletters for our local brands
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in a daily media environment
- Experience managing social media platforms for a brand
- Experience with digital media tools and production
- Experience with journalism and essential reporting skills
- An interest in digital media experimentation and alternative forms of storytelling
- An active presence on social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to carry projects through from conception to publication
- Enthusiasm for interacting with and learning from communities
- An ability to help define and grow into this new role for our company
We love people who:
- Love to learn and learn on the job
- Are proactive and like solving problems
- Are relentlessly curious about the world around them
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Are excited to experiment with a new role for our company
We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you. We’d prefer candidates to work in Seattle or Miami but we’re happy to offer remote work for the right candidate.
Competitive compensation and benefits will be offered commensurate with experience.