Note: Applications are now closed.
WhereBy.Us is a media and technology company that helps the world’s curious locals understand, explore, enjoy and build/invest in/create their cities. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here — and develop a model for doing so that can serve Miami and growing cities like it around the world. We’re a company centered on cultural values of curiosity and inclusivity since we care about the future of cities and the people who live in them. We’re a tech team, sure, but we’re human-centered because we want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome.
Around 80% of your time will be writing code that runs in browsers or seen on devices. This can be anything from drafting the templates of the tens of thousands of e-mails we send out each day to using media queries to build out beautiful landing pages to architecting pattern libraries and style guides. (And if you have experience in that, yeah, let’s totally have that conversation.)
You’ll also be developing new user-facing features, ensure technical feasibility of UI designs, and optimize products for maximum speed. Communication is an essential facet at WhereBy.Us, so you’ll be collaborating with other team members and stakeholders on a regular basis working closely with folks from the Tech, Business, and Storytelling teams.
While our tech team is based in Miami — our office beverage of choice is a toss-up between a cafecito and a LaCroix — but we support remote employees and welcome interest from any US resident.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least one year experience in professional UX/UI development and design
- Self-driven & motivated
- Enjoy mentoring colleagues
- Love making things that serve users
- Write clear, well-tested code
- Favor collaboration over isolation
- Believe in shipping early and often
- Find joy in your work
- Being open and receptive to adapting and learning quickly
Nice to Haves
Our requirements are above, but here are some other things that we’d also be glad to see:
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Thoughtful opinions on CMSes and publishing
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience architecting pattern libraries and style guides
- Navigating and perform basic file and directory functions in a Unix shell environment.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Solid understanding of Git (or similar version control software)
- Experience in Pair Programming
Here’s the thing: We’re most interested in working with driven, smart, collaborative people who share our mission. If you don’t have all the qualifications on this list, please apply anyway. We’d like to meet you.