Monday, Aug. 14
Designing Your Organization for Gender Equality | Action Design Miami — Gender equality expert Siri Uotilla will discuss how the latest research on human behavior they can be translated into practical tools that advance equality in the workplace through improved sourcing, hiring, promotion and retention of talent. Details here.
Code For Miami — Join developers, designers, data geeks, leaders, and idea-makers who volunteer to help government and civic organizations adopt open web technologies for Dade County. Details here.
AUVSI Miami Satellite Chapter Kickoff Event | AUVSI — The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, a drone promotion group, is launching a Miami chapter and is hosting a kickoff event. Details here.
Wednesday Aug. 16
Celebrating Women In Tech | WIMT — Join Vanessa Meyer, VP for innovation and strategic partnership at Visa Latin America; and Max Tuchman, CEO and cofounder of Caribu, to learn about the different challenges and opportunities they’ve encountered in their careers. Sponsored by Women in Miami Tech. Details here.
Waffle Wednesday | LiveNinja — This week’s features leaders from Mersyv, a new company connecting artists and brands with their audience by using immersive and interactive music experiences; and Umbrellas, which solves hyper-local challenges through an app that allows community members to share solutions and advice. The Idea Center will also present. Details here.
Thursday, Aug. 17
Fall StartUp Internship Fair — This fair connects South Florida college and university students with startups and other businesses for internships that cultivate professional development, build connections, and create opportunities. Details here.
Venture Cafe Miami | CIC Miami — This week, as noted above, VC hosts South Florida’s fall startup internship fair, produced by Miami’s Talent Development Network. The TDN is also hosting a networking event. Finally, motivational speaker Tony Robbins’ group pays a visit.
- Miami Business Network Social Gathering | Miami Business Network. Details here.
- Connecting Miami’s Talent & Opportunity | Talent Development Network. Details here.
- Peak Performance Mindset and Strategies for Business | Tony Robbins Research International. Details here.
- Risk Management for Small Businesses | Better Business Bureau Serving SE Florida & Caribbean. Details here.
- Saving Our Girls in South Florida | Quadeera Teart & Co. Details here.
- TDN Fall Internship Info Table | Talent Development Network. Details here.
- Campfire Session: Innovation by Design | Service Design Sprints. Details here.
- Facebook Advertising: Identify Customers & Consumer Behaviors! | Ad-Verb. Details here.
- The Bias Trap — Maven Cohort Info Session | Maven Leadership Collective. Details here.
Tuesday, Aug. 22
Wednesday, Aug. 23
Facebook Developer Circle Miami Launch — Developer Circles is a Facebook-based and -sponsored program for developers to share knowledge, collaborate, build new ideas, and learn about the latest technologies from Facebook and other industry leaders. A formal Miami circle is being launched with the help of Wyncode,VentureCity, and WM Digital, and this is its first event. Details here.
Wednesday, Aug. 30
Food For Thought: How to Bring a Food Product to Market? | StartUP FIU — Join StartUP FIU Food and Jilea Hemmings, CEO of Greenie Tots and Esehe Consulting, in a panel discussion to understand how food entrepreneurs can get their products from the kitchen to retail shelves. Details here.