Voter guide: November 2018 Midterm Elections
- We're publishing new sections of our November 2018 Midterm Election Guide each day through October 24 to get you ready to cast your ballot. Here's what we've published so far:
- U.S. Congress: Senate, House District 25, House District 26, House District 27
- Florida: State amendments, Governor, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture, Chief Financial Officer, Justices and Judges
- Local referenda: Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, City of Miami Beach
- Plus, if you’ve got questions on HOW to vote, check out our Q&A here.
There are four U.S. congressional seats on the Miami-Dade County ballots and we’ve chosen to focus on three of those races. In this race the Republican incumbent, Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, faces a strong challenge from Democratic candidate Mary Barzee Flores.
Based on the questions you had for the candidates, and factoring in some relevant topics, we sent questionnaires to the candidates and asked them questions about the following issues: the environment, criminal justice reform, gun control, the economy, healthcare, Puerto Rico, and immigration.
Thanks to readers Vanessa Haim and Marianna Yerak, and others who submitted questions anonymously.
Rep. Diaz-Balart did not respond in time for publication so we’ve linked to information on him and to his campaign website. We will update his profile if the candidate responds before election day.