You did it! You successfully adulted your way through yet another week of tedious responsibilities, hella hustling, and putting in work. Now it’s time to unwind and treat yo self. Let us help you navigate your way through the weekend.
Friday, July 8:
- Outlines Miami: Brodinski, Shlohmo, Mr. Carmack, Ryan Hemsworth: Damn, Gramps! This is one hell of a lineup. Seriously, we are hella impressed with having some of the best producers, DJs, and electronic musicians in the game at our little local watering hole. This is totally worth the $30 ticket.
- OMG! Picnic and a Movie in the Design District: If you’re trying to impress your girlfriend this weekend, this is the move. You’ll get a next level outdoor dining experience with James Beard Award-winning Michael Solomonov in the beautiful design district. You really can’t go wrong.
- The Laugh House: It’s been a heavy week. Seriously, we all need a good, hearty belly laugh. And there’s no better place to get it than the Laugh House, hosted at super cozy Awa Kava near Wynwood, where you’ll see some of Miami’s most hilarious humans put on a hell of a show. Hosted by the super clever Regina Castañeda, who proves that women are definitely funny af, this will make for a perfect end to the week.
- Brand New/Modest Mouse at Bayfront Park: Don’t act like you don’t still listen to Brand New. They’ve been around forever and are still going strong. And seeing them play with the ever-inventive Modest Mouse at Bayfront Park will surely be epic.
Saturday, July 9
- Lost in Translation in 35mm: If you’ve never seen this Sofia Coppola film, then you’re in for a treat. If you have, then you’re probably down to see it again. It’s part comedy, part romance, starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. And there’s something very charming about seeing it on 35 mm at midnight the Gables. Guaranteed to be a super cute Saturday night.
- Wynwood Art Walk AfterParty: There’s nothing like a dope afterparty. And if you don’t know by now, the Electric Pickle knows how to do one, so once you’ve tired of hanging around the “artsy” voyeurs at Art Walk, swing by the Pickle and get down with legendary DJ Doc Martin
- Community Circle for Black Lives: This week has been difficult to process and understand for many. Community Circle is an open and safe space for people to come together to vent, organize, discuss solutions, and wrap theirs head around what has happened and how to move forward.
- The 24th Annual International Mango Festival: You know how we LOVE our mangos. This is like the Superbowl of mangos. It’s two full days of lectures, cooking demos, tastings, tips, science, and samples of every kind of mango you can think of. So it’s basically heaven on Earth.
- PAMM Free Second Saturdays: Gotta love free entrance to one of the best museums in Miami! This time you can immerse yourself in nature and fantasy with art-making inspired by the work of artist Michele Oka Doner. They’ll provide the material for you to make some cool mixed media art. Get a chance to see and be the makers at PAMM.
Sunday, July 10
Poetry & Talents: “Illusions of the Past”: Moca Lounge is serving up the sexy, soulful, poetic vibes on a Sunday night. Check out some of Miami’s finest poets, musicians, and comedians in a space that is elegant, spacious, and inviting. Go get inspired.
Sunday Funday at Books & Books: Trivia Night: We really do love Books & Books. Even more so now that they have trivia at Sunday Funday. We are certified nerds and if you can identify, then we will see you there.
- Chocolate Sunday: Not quite ready for the weekend to be over? This is the best way to keep it going. Chocolate Sunday at Purdy Lounge is legendary. The turn up is real, from the dope beats to the strong drinks. This is easily the best party on a Sunday night. Period.
We hope you have an amazing weekend, Miami. Be sure to tag us in your adventures this weekend because we like to feel like we’re right there with you. (Not in a creepy way, or anything.)