We’ve got a new design at The New Tropic, and some changes to go with it.
- New look! (Big thanks to Chris Barr for his help!)
- Guides, like this one on Miami’s food scene, sponsored by A+E District as part of our A+Eats contest. We’ll have more of these soon to help you explore people and places in Miami.
- New member features, including exclusive discounts at Miami businesses, which we’ll keep updated with special offers just for members.
Under the hood:
- We’ve discontinued monthly memberships. (Turns out most people want a t-shirt. We can’t blame them.) Existing monthly members will be unaffected by this change.
- Account pages are now easier to use, helping you check on your purchases, update your information, and other good things.
- Performance enhancements throughout the site, particularly on mobile.
- We heard you! The pop-up newsletter sign-up is gone. Please use the banner at the top to sign up and/or invite friends!
We’d love to know what you think, if you find bugs, or if you’d like to request a new feature. You can find us at [email protected].
Stay tuned for more member features in the coming weeks, including a place for members to share their events directly on our site.
We’re also launching a referral campaign for all daily subscribers and members starting today. We’re throwing a party for the New Tropicer who helps us connect with the most cool Miamians we don’t know yet. Check your email for details!