On how we make money…
WhereBy.Us is the parent company of The New Tropic. You can learn more about what WhereBy.Us does over here.
One way we make money is with our Creative Studio, which helps brands and organizations understand their local audiences and build local engagement. Our Creative Studio work includes research, creative strategy, storytelling, and experiences, and appears in The New Tropic in the form of sponsored projects or marketing content. (And we produce a lot of work for our communities that isn’t paid for by anyone).
A sponsored project is a storytelling project that a client makes possible with its financial support. The New Tropic originates ideas for these projects and works independently to produce them, while the Whereby.Us team secures sponsorships and manages client relationships. Sponsored projects allow clients to align their brands with topics that our local community cares about. Clients don’t review sponsored projects before publication, and all sponsored projects are clearly labeled “Sponsored by [client name], who did not provide editorial input.”
Marketing content is created for a company or brand to help it build relationships or promote its goods or services. Marketing content is produced by our marketing team, not The New Tropic team. The New Tropic team does not endorse or personally promote products. Clients may review and approve branded content before publication. All branded content is clearly labeled “Advertisement for [client name] produced by [Brand] Creative Studio”
How does WhereBy.Us decide who to work with?
- We evaluate client relationships on a case-by-case basis.
- We’re interested in working with businesses that are working to improve the communities within our cities.
- We evaluate clients on a number of factors, including whether we think their mission is aligned with that of our local properties and the expectations of our local communities.
- Businesses are a part of our communities. A client is a good fit for our community when it aligns its interests with the things our communities care about.
- We welcome conversation with members of our community about our business practices, and we are committed to providing transparency about the nature of our business relationships. Hit us up at [email protected].
On corrections …
Mistakes happen. At The New Tropic, we believe it’s important to be transparent when we’ve gotten something wrong. We will do our best to correct errors and will tell you we’ve done so. If you see an error, please contact us at [email protected].