Voter guide: November 2018 Midterm Elections
- We're publishing new sections of our November 2018 Midterm Election Guide each day through October 24 to get you ready to cast your ballot. Here's what we've published so far:
- U.S. Congress: Senate, House District 25, House District 26, House District 27
- Florida: State amendments, Governor, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture, Chief Financial Officer, Justices and Judges
- Local referenda: Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, City of Miami Beach
- Plus, if you’ve got questions on HOW to vote, check out our Q&A here.
Former associate dean of FIU's college of medicine, fundraiser for organizations like the Coral Restoration Foundation and the Zoo Miami Foundation.
Debbie Mucarsel-Powell is hoping to take advantage of a heavily Democratic District 26 in her campaign against U.S. Rep. Carlos Curbelo.
She’s worked for decades in the nonprofit world, particularly with organizations focused on healthcare. Mucarsel-Powell is also the former associate dean of Florida International University’s college of medicine.
It’s her second foray into a political race after an unsuccessful run for a state senate seat in 2016 against Sen. Anitere Flores.
Based on the questions you had for the candidates, and factoring in some relevant topics, we sent questionnaires to the candidates and asked them questions about the following issues: the environment, criminal justice reform, gun control, the economy, healthcare, Puerto Rico, and immigration.